Hi all, I come back after long time from my posts. Today, I faced with request from my task. How to call external web service from sender by using SOAP and SAP PI ? After reference my friend, Mr. Dang Vinh Cuong and with his help, I configured this scenario successfully. And I’m happy when share this scenario to you. Ok, Let see 🙂
The flow of this scenario as below
As flow, I define sender is systems from external as SOAPUI, .NET program….. External web service is systems of vendor which integrated with your system using SOAP. For example, I use web service of my design.
In my example, I have method with information. We will use this for example in this scenario.
Step I : Configuration on ESR
Step I.1 : Define structure for request and response message (Data type)
Step I.2 Create Message Type from data type (MT)
Step I.3 Configure Service Interface
- In this step, we create service interface which use for request from sender to PI
- Next, we import external web service (file wsdl) from your computer to service interface. Right click Service Interface => Import service interface => continue at screen introduction => Choose target to import => continue => file WSDL. When finish, We will see as below :
- And one service interface with this external web service created in Service interface. This is service interface for request from SAP PI to external web service. In my case, I choose function GetConnection and. Default, SAP PI with choose Type is Message Type, but in this case, We use EXTERNAL MESSAGE. And choose input message and output message in list.
Step I.4 Configuration Message Mapping
Step I.5 Configuration Operation Mapping
The data flow for this scenario in ESR
Step II. Configuration Integration Builder (IB)
Because this scenario is SOAP2SOAP, so we only need two communication channel with type is HTTP / SOAP 1.1 One for sender and one for receiver
Step II.1 Create communication channel for sender ( HTTP/SOAP 1.1)
Step II.2 Create communication channel for receiver (HTTP/SOAP 1.1).
Because in WSDL file , we have many method. So, we need config what SOAP Action use in out scenario. In my case, I use SOAP action as below
Step II.3 : Configure Integrated
Right Click Integrated configuration => New
- Configure communication channel for sender
- Configure communication component for receiver
- Configure receiver interface
- Configure communication for receiver. Outbound processing
Congratulation !! You configured successfully scenario. Now, We ‘ll test this scenario by call web service by SOAP UI Or test in SAP Web service Navigator. Let see result .
Thanks for your reading !!!